49. “If you buy one pair of shoes and one suit per year, you’ll have a nice collection soon enough. It’s an investment. Also, know your measurements and sizes, because you might find a woman who wants to hook you up and get a suit made.”—Chris Mathis, 36, barber
48. Wearing a fitted hat on your commute to work with your business suit or with just pants and a dress shirt isn’t a good look.
47. “Tone down the bagginess a bit without wandering into nut-hugger territory. Showing your ass and boxers is not appealing in any setting.”—Anslem Samuel, 31, magazine editor
46. Find a good tailor.
45. T-shirts should fall just below your waist, and the seam of the shoulder should be right on your shoulder.
44. Wear a belt. It’s called underwear for a reason.
43. Don’t try to outdress a woman. She should be the center of attention and should not feel that she’s underdressed.
42. “The world is bigger than your hood and the places your favorite rappers represent. Try to travel to a place where your cell phone won’t work. That’s when you know you’ve actually gone somewhere. If you can’t afford to put your passport on pivot, try reading a book or travel guide about the place you’d like to visit.”—A. Samuel
41. Barnes & Noble should be your best friend.
40. “[As far as books], start with the classics: Catcher in the Rye, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Odyssey, Crime and Punishment.”—Q-Tip, 38, rapper/producer/actor